..so you think there's no need.......

I have Vandersteen 5A speakers which have a sub section that's powered by its own class D amp....very efficient...needs little power. The power cords look like Home Depot specials.  Yesterday, I found an old Transparent brand power cord....what the heck.   I substituted the HD left cord with the Transparent, the result is a major sonic improvement, not only in the lows where you'd expect, but in the soundstage mids/highs.  Although I can't pinpoint a difference in sound from the 2 speakers, I now have to explore a 2nd power cord for the right one....I don't expect I'll ever find a Transparent power cord after all these years.
128x128stringreen
@ stringreen,

I can mail you a Shunyata Diamondback 6 foot power cord for free.  It was not their cheapest cord, it is one or two tiers higher than the Venom.  In 2010, they were $225.00 each.  I think it is 12 gauge wires, shielded and cryo’ed from the factory.  These cords are well broken in.  I used these on my GE Triton Ones with their 1600 watt class D  woofer amps. Bass had more impact and the overall sound seemed much easier.  If interested, PM me your name and address and I’ll send it out USPS Priority.  
@stereo5 What an awesome gesture and after some recent threads here a real breath of fresh air!
I take back what I said in another thread that this used to be a nice place. Gives me the warm and fuzzies. 🐶 🐰 🐼

All the best,
Nonoise