Active Speaker Choice

Active speakers utilizing DSP seem to take the room out of the equation, so now I'm now considering going this route, at least at my present residence.

Lots of buzz arounds names like: Dutch & Dutch, ATC SMC 40A, Kii Three, Buchardt A700. 

Most are pretty big bucks, so pricewise, I would prefer to lean more towards the Bucharts' but I'm open a bit (used?)

Most are difficult to demo, so please, if you have comments or recommendation these or any other active speaker you have heard or can recommend, it would greatly be appreciated.

high-amp
luisma31 - thanks, I'll check it out.

fiesta75 - Can you please elaborate, I'm not sure how this works?

Analog active crossovers work just like digital ones, high and low pass filters before the amplifiers. Each set of drivers get its own amplifier so amps see a resistive load. This approach virtually eliminates IM distortion which is what your ears dislike most. Passive speaker crossovers are eliminated, no phase shift, added resistances or unwanted delay. Just not all the bells and whistles of a DSP, thus no digital "noise". 
Analog active crossovers work just like digital ones, high and low pass filters before the amplifiers. Each set of drivers get its own amplifier so amps see a resistive load. This approach virtually eliminates IM distortion which is what your ears dislike most. Passive speaker crossovers are eliminated, no phase shift, added resistances or unwanted delay. Just not all the bells and whistles of a DSP, thus no digital "noise".

WHAT?
High-amp - That's a good one, guess that was above steve. Not that expensive, was using Phase Linear and Crown when I started 42 years ago. Made my own active electronic X-overs for years. Never went back to passive crossovers for main room.