My Last CD player

I like my vinyl but digital has its own set of benefits. When my last CD player fell of its perch, I move to streaming audio.  Overall, I have been happy with this decision.  I did notice that lately, a number of posters have been claiming that CD is “better” than streaming.  I figured that most of these were flat earthers. I recently had the opportunity to listen to a “new generation” CD player on a friends system.  I am not sure I would say it was better but it was different and in a very good way.  As I have an extensive CD collection, this set me off to evaluate a new CD player for my system .... at my age presumably the last I will own.  I have identified a few different used players that seem to check the short list boxes: Audio Research cd 7 SE, Ayon cd10 Signature II Ultimate, Ayon cd35 Signature I and Luxman 

D-06u.  I am auditioning the Ayon cd10 at home .... smooth, natural, musical, holographic image, but light on dynamics and soundstage. Anyone have experience with these players?  Any other suggestions?

chilli42
Whoever made the point about the mechanisms above was right.  Whether your player will be your last one is solely dependent on whether it can be fixed when the mechanism dies - because at some point it will.  Doesn't matter how expensive the gear is (and I have a brand of player where the manufacturer also makes the "we have extra mechanisms" claim - better hope they are still around when my CD tanks !).  All of the suggestions above are reasonable - especially because there are so few decent CD products left on the market.
Check out the Esoteric K-01 or APL NWO-Master (a modified Esoteric UX-1Pi), or consider going the transport/DAC/clock route with an Esoteric P-01/D-01 Transport and DAC w/GORb Rubidium Clock combo.
I bought an Esoteric K03XD a couple of weeks ago, which I find absolutely amazing: very detailed but not harsh, three dimensional sound stage and very full bodied sound.  Built like a tank; reassuringly hefty at 28kg.
I think it may be my last cd player, but then, I have thought that before.
Best of luck finding the right machine.
My 5 cents: I have a server with ripping built in (or external USB CD drive) and rip all CDs to the servers drive (SSD preferred). They will sound better than from any transport or Internet stream.
Why is this so? The ripping process is not real time and gets all error correction as in computers in general. The reading from the drive is easier and has no mechanical problems ... besides general vibration on the electronics. And on the other hand the streaming suffers from real time and Internet drops and problems of your internal wiring or WLAN.
My technical arguing might be wrong ... mathematician :) , but it is real results from my own setup. I do stream a lot via Roon / Qobuz just to find some music. If I like it enough and the recordings seems worth it, I buy it and download the files to the server and play them from there. It always sounds better than streamed directly from Qobuz.
For my setup, please consult the "virtual system" on this site.

Second the Esoteric. K-03XD reviews are fantastic (I have not personally auditioned). Esoteric has confirmed that the K-05XD and K-07XD will be available later this year. One of those 2 will be my last CD player.  They haven't released what prices will be, but probably in the $7K to $8.5K range.