Your tube preamp and ss amp thread

Last night I was listening to my tube preamp and my tube mono blocks, noticed an imbalance in the sound, and as usual I traced it to a tube problem in the mono blocks. Luckily, I also own a ss stereo amp as a 'backup'. IME, ss amps tend to be a lot more reliable than tube amps. Nonetheless, I would be interested in how many other folk run a tube preamp and ss amp combo, and if so, what are your choices.
128x128daveyf
I have run a Audio Research tube preamp with a Pass X350 for over ten years. An excellent combination. I had stayed away from tube amps because of the reliability ‘ biasing need. Then a couple years ago the Audio Research rep came through with the new ARC REF 160m (mono blocks). Micro processor controlled tubes... no biasing and greatly increased tube life... finally I thought. As soon as the REF 160s comes out I’m getting one. I did. As soon as I swapped it in I realized I should have put up with a tube amp earlier. The richness of the midrange and bass simply isn’t in the same ballpark.

The Pass XA series will be more like tubes. If you are headed that way. I think it would be a really difficult transition. But I would go with Pass, he is an outstanding amplifier designer.
I have a Supratech 6SN7/DHT pre amp mated to the AGD Audion mono blocks. A true upper class combination, i use the 45 tube option.
VAC Renaissance V into an Ayre VX5/20.  Used this pair for 5 years with great satisfaction.