Active Speaker Choice

Active speakers utilizing DSP seem to take the room out of the equation, so now I'm now considering going this route, at least at my present residence.

Lots of buzz arounds names like: Dutch & Dutch, ATC SMC 40A, Kii Three, Buchardt A700. 

Most are pretty big bucks, so pricewise, I would prefer to lean more towards the Bucharts' but I'm open a bit (used?)

Most are difficult to demo, so please, if you have comments or recommendation these or any other active speaker you have heard or can recommend, it would greatly be appreciated.

high-amp
murphythecat - Thanks, checking out ATC on May 22! Geithain sounds like a tough one to demo, especially when I’ve never even heard of it but sometimes those are the best ones! Have a good weekend.
Geithain is hard to get in the US. I know there's a dealer in the UK don't know if they ship to the US. 
Just like passives, Active dsp systems will have their own sound. I really like Meridian for the rich full midrange and bass. Used M is competitive and established. The models get upgrades over the years so it's worth taking some time to find out what the .2 or se add to the product, or the different tweeters over the years.