New ebay payments require SS#?

I received an email from ebay and they now will deposit your amount from a sale directly into your bank account.  So, they require your routing and account numbers.  But they also required my SS number, which I'm not sure I like.  They say the purpose is to comply with government regulations.  Is there any reason to think they would transmit the amount of your sales to the irs and issue you a 1099?  I only occasionally sell used items on ebay and don't consider any amount I receive to be taxable income.  Thoughts? 
mtrot
Yeah, I just ended three items I had for sale because all this ticked me off so much.  Like I said above, Craigslist may soon be seeing a boom of activity.
Everything would be fine IF Ebay claimed they were hacked or not?

No mater the reason your information is NOT safe anywhere. Silly to think it is.

BUT don’t just fling the door wide open for sloppy tax collecting policies.

It’s ALL about TAXES and people paying them or NOT. Nothing else.

Scammers hardly need Ebay to do it..

The government and those that collect money for them do.. I question all the collection is it actually going to the ol TAX Collector. That’s what I question... Is Ebay cooking the books? It would be absurdity to think they WEREN’T. They are as crooked as the tax collection process is.. How broke in that.. the US Tax system.. ALL OF IT.. Din of thieves

Ebay is not in the billions it's in the TRILLIONS
I don’t sell anything and certainly won’t start.  The boon to selling sites this year will be followed by a drop thereafter, as people just don’t want to provide such sensitive information and deal with the hassle of reporting income from sales.  Another blow to the average person just trying to sell off things that they have lying around.  The internet becomes less useful. 
I just had to setup eBay payouts to get the proceeds of a sale. They wanted the last 4 of my social. Not the whole thing.
So, Y’all have gotten ’yer panties in a knot over a simple sales tax?

For your entire life, you have been having your labor taxed, with the government laying claim to that portion of labor that is taxed. Not realizing that another entity, the government, owns the portion of your labor that is taxed, you have never questioned the fact that when another entity owns a portion of your labor, that is the degree to which you have been economically enslaved.

The Founders, in the Constitution, called for taxes to be derived from Tariffs, Duties, and EXCISE taxes, as those are the taxes of free men. They didn’t include an income tax in the founding document because they realized that taxing labor is a slave tax.

In 1913, under the racist president Woodrow Wilson, the Progressives got the 16th Amendment passed, with no provision on how much the government can take ... and they take just enough short of creating a revolution.

With the new Biden tax rates, top earners in high-tax states like California will be paying approximately 52 percent of their total income (labor) in taxes. Let that sink in.

It is time to abolish the 16th Amendment and replace it with an end-user national sales tax. Think about it ... The next time you buy gasoline, watch the gauge rack up the costs. Here in California, fifty cents per gallon are in the price of each gallon in the form of sales (excise) taxes. You pump the gas, fill the tank, put the nozzle back into place, and drive off. There was no accounting, no fear of audits, no deadlines, no IRS ... and no turning in your financial confessions to Ceasar every April 15.

Economic slaves, or free men. Our choice if we truly want it.

Frank