Streaming vs. CD

Is the digital signal of a server like Tidal of higher quality than that of a CD?
128x128rvpiano
Extensively modified Rega RP3 turntable.
Clearaudio Virtuoso cartridge.
Cyrus CD transport.
OPPO 105 universal player
GeerFab DBOB Digital Extractor.
‘Cambridge CXV2 streamer.
‘Benchmark DAC3B DAC.
Conrad Johnson PV 11 preamp modified with Teflon caps.
Benchmark AHB2 Amplifier.
GoldenEar Triton ! Speakers.
Various aftermarket cabling.
@rvpiano -- I'm glad to hear that the Cambridge CXN is working out for you. I remember reading one of your posts where I think you were not too thrilled with the Node 2i. 

When you say the Cambridge streamer is better than Node 2i, are you comparing them purely on the basis of streamer-only criteria, i.e. using an external DACs in both cases? I would really appreciate it if you can tell us what aspects of sound quality have improved going from Node to Cambridge. TIA.
arafiq,

Yes, the same DAC was used in both cases.
The Cambridge uses built-in Chromecast for hi-res files.
Downside is Chromecast streams only up to 96 kHz and inserts a brief pause between tracks. In Airplay mode there’s no pause but no hi-res.
However, the upside is that I believe the SQ to be better than
Node 2i in both modes no matter what the resolution  rate. To me, it’s just a fuller and more detailed sound. YMMD.

‘The Cambridge also has many features the Node doesn’t.
It’s worth a test try.
Thanks, @rvpiano!

I usually just use Roon for all my streaming needs nowadays, so Chromecast or Airplay modes are not of much use. I did try Airplay with Node 2i and agree that it was not all that good, same with Bluetooth.

I'll be on the lookout for a used CA CXN2 for sure.