Streaming vs. CD

Is the digital signal of a server like Tidal of higher quality than that of a CD?
128x128rvpiano
Progressed through CD's on a NAIM 555, then a Naim ripper ripped CD's to NAS,  then Tidal HiRes.

Now running Aurender N10 into Devialet D400 with optimized cables everywhere. In my set up, nothing beats Tidal 24/192.

I would say though that a very well recorded and engineered CD at 16/44 has better sq than a crappy recording at 24/192. More quality is "created" in the recording study than can be "created" in the home system.

My CD collection is stored in the Aurender hard drive but is seldom visited since Tidal sq is generally equal or better and the selection is mind blowing. 

I have also found that cable upgrades (Ansuz and Transparent) have made the whole system more musical with listener fatigue eliminated.

I absolutely concur that a well recorded 16/24 CD or file can sound better than a hi-res recording.  Happens all the time.
Extensively modified Rega RP3 turntable.
Clearaudio Virtuoso cartridge.
Cyrus CD transport.
OPPO 105 universal player
GeerFab DBOB Digital Extractor.
‘Cambridge CXV2 streamer.
‘Benchmark DAC3B DAC.
Conrad Johnson PV 11 preamp modified with Teflon caps.
Benchmark AHB2 Amplifier.
GoldenEar Triton ! Speakers.
Various aftermarket cabling.
@rvpiano -- I'm glad to hear that the Cambridge CXN is working out for you. I remember reading one of your posts where I think you were not too thrilled with the Node 2i. 

When you say the Cambridge streamer is better than Node 2i, are you comparing them purely on the basis of streamer-only criteria, i.e. using an external DACs in both cases? I would really appreciate it if you can tell us what aspects of sound quality have improved going from Node to Cambridge. TIA.