The Sound of Speaker.

Before going to the journey looking for a best speaker that suit our ears I think we should separate them first.
It seems much easier to find it if we listen to Regular 1-2-3 ways Box-speaker or Electrostatic Ribbon Panel or Horn speaker. Generally one-type of speaker have the same sound characteristic.
But those 3 different type very much having big different sound characteristic.
See and listen to all first, then narrow it down to whatever type that suit our ear best.
As my journey has ended at a Horn-speaker.
Just my 2 cents.
samadhana
@ samadhana
Sorry to see you leave. Please consider staying. It helps to understand many here have egos so large they have lost the ability to be polite.  I happen to agree with you, and for you it is Horns, for me it is Planar. 
As my journey has ended at a Horn-speaker.
Horns are high sensitivty, 
Excellent for midrange/low mids, all ranges of highs,,Not so much for real bass at 40hz-60hz
Here is where you will needa  midrange woofer.
Thus point is, Horns are really only good fro 2khz-20hz
But if I am going high sens, I'd rather goa  high fidelity full range cone speaker. 
I think there is more realism in a  FR cone vs a  FR horn system. 
Besides some horns for mids/bass are gigantic and heay, + very pricey.
So  horns  are for  the wealthy with huge listening rooms.
I hate huge speakers they are ugly. Both massive horns and Wilson Monstas weighing 600 lbs each. 
I’m pretty fond of ring and domes too

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For my full orchestra and other huge sound stage music like  big jazz bands, I've found all domes to be rather limited.
I mean what range do these tweeters produce? Midrange - highs. Thats a LOT of hz's to handle fora  atiny 1.5 inch opening.
For this task you need the 6.5 or 8 inch FR which has a cone for deeper, wider, more realistic soundstage.

For light jazz,  easy music , dome tweets are acceptable.
But who has a collection limited to light music?
Better to get a  FR which can handle both  easy loads and full orchestra. 
A FR mids/highs are in a whole nother league vs the dated dome tweeters. 
"...@ samadhana Sorry to see you leave. Please consider staying..."

I think English may not have been samadhana’s first language. Do you think he confused the word "prejudice" (pre-judgement) with it only being used and related to race issues or am I just WAY too harsh in this case?
Yes, I think 2nd language is obvious. How the inference was felt is hard to determine since posts were deleted. Hate to see a guy with 5 systems and plenty of experience bail out on the forum like so many others have because of rude and condescending behavior. The mods have never seemed to care and thus it will continue.  I simply ignore the "legends in their own minds" as well as the sycophants that join their cliques.