Half speed masters. Are they worth the extra scratch?

I just purchased a Dire Straits Brothers in Arms half speed master. I'm using a Pioneer PL530 TT. Can this album be played successfully on my TT? I put it on 45 rpm but there is no way to tell if it is spinning at the right speed. The speed control is working but not keeping a steady reading like when I play a normal 33 record. It sounds good but I'm wondering if they should be played on a different table. Also is it worth it to pay extra money for these? I payed 50$ for this album. Thanks for any information.
knighttodd
Hi OP, 

If you don't have the manual, here it is. Speed adjustment is on page 10. Happy listening. 

Post removed 
If you standard 33 1/3 LP plays correctly - There should be not difference with the 1/2 Track Master.
Half speed mastering has nothing to do with what speed you play it back at. It’s simply cut at a slower speed and the music is cut at half the speed, so when you play it back it’s back to normal. It just halves frequencies as they’re cut into lacquers which is meant to produce more robust dynamics and less feedback. I’ve heard great ones and others where the difference is negligible. 
to my ears, half-speed mastering sounds much closer to the master tape, there is just more openness to the sound, a sense of ease contrasted with the subtle hardness/grain/strain of a regular record. i get the same sound from 45 rpm recordings as well. this said, what is the secret that enables direct-to-disc recordings to have this same ease?