Half speed masters. Are they worth the extra scratch?

I just purchased a Dire Straits Brothers in Arms half speed master. I'm using a Pioneer PL530 TT. Can this album be played successfully on my TT? I put it on 45 rpm but there is no way to tell if it is spinning at the right speed. The speed control is working but not keeping a steady reading like when I play a normal 33 record. It sounds good but I'm wondering if they should be played on a different table. Also is it worth it to pay extra money for these? I payed 50$ for this album. Thanks for any information.
knighttodd
Funny this would be brought up.  Over the weekend my pals and I compared the Mofi Original Master Copy vinyl vs the half speed remaster vinyl vs the Mofi SACD vs the Qobuz version of Brothers in Arms. Our group decided the Mofi vinyl was slightly better than the half speed remaster but both the Mofi vinyl and half speed remaster are significantly better than the other options. 
Half-Speed and other Audiophile grade vinyl is worth it if the original record was a well engineered recording.  I have some rock and jazz; like Steely Dan's "Aja" or John Klemmer's "Touch" on half-speed master vinyl that will make you weep at how much better it makes an already outstanding record sound.

I also have a few master versions that just reveal a poorly recorded original session. Its all about the source, but unfortunately you can only discern the difference between good and just OK by trying it out.  There may be master reviews on Discogs or some other vinyl source (any body know a good reference source for master recording reviews?  Not just some deletant comments, like my opinion).

In short, generally I find if the original version was great to listen to; then the half-speed or master recording will be an even better version and worth the premium.
Ok just looked up better-records.com.  Thanks to maestro MC.

Could not agree with them more; too many variables with vinyl and the only way to tell if a recording is superior is to play it.  But, ouch those prices; although it does make sense if you account for the many hours they must spend finding and selecting recordings.
Hi OP, 

If you don't have the manual, here it is. Speed adjustment is on page 10. Happy listening.