Actual Lead Time on Tekton Speakers

Hi All-

I've had a pair Tekton speakers and a sub on order since the last week of February. When I placed the order they said they were running 8-10 weeks for shipment. I knew at the time that these were made to order and that there was a substantial lead time, so I'm not complaining. But I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve...

Can anyone who has recently received their speakers tell me how long it was from order to shipping? 

Thanks, 

G
128x128spacecadet65
@stereo5 

Wow, those are long lead times. 6 months seems excessive, especially with a $4k deposit. That must have been tough. Were the Tritons worth the wait?

@spacecadet65,

Absolutely worth the wait!  The problem was I bought them before they were on the market as they were still being manufactured.  The original date was April but it streatched into July.  My speakers were made in the first production run.  I got so antsy that I contacted Sandy Gross at GE and he looked up my order and said the dealer would get it the second week of july.  He was correct.  I am esctatic with the speakers, the best I have ever owned.  I am glad I bought them when I did.  Retail was $8.5K and six months later, price went up to$10K.  That makes me even happier.  Good luck on the long wait.  My Engineering Professor in college told me that "patience is a virtue".
Moabs are totally worth the wait. You will know within minutes of firing them up. Then over the next days/weeks/months they will only grow on you more and more. If ever you are thinking they are bright, or forward, or that you know what kind of sound stage they throw, put on some different music or change a component and then you will learn it never was the speakers after all. The friend who was over most recently said the midrange was perfect, the best he ever heard. Everything can of course always be made better, and I am working on that. But for $5k? Holy cow! You will see. Er, hear.  

Meantime, enjoy a little Tekton humor. What does Tekton have in common with Patek-Phillipe? You never really own one. You just order it for the next generation.