Fedex Customs problem

I sent my SME 3009 tonearm to Scotland for full service. I was shipped back to me on April 29 via Interparcel [Fedex].
The package is being delayed at the Memphis, TN, Fedex office. A few minutes ago I filled a CBP 5106 form and mailed it to Fedex. 

I still do not understand why I had to fill a form that I am unable to fully understand since I am not in the importing business. I do not understand the trade lingo and abbreviations.

Since 1976 I have been buying audio equipment from the UK [Quad 63s, Linn, Gyrodec, NAIM, etc] more valuable than a used SME 3009 and never had to fill a form or had any problems. Last January I received another SME 3009 that was rewired by the same person in Edinburgh but it came via USPS without insurance and it arrived pretty fast without a problem..

My Garrard 401 is being rebuilt in the UK and I'm afraid to have problems with Customs again but using USPS is risky since my deck costs $1,8K.

I would really appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Cheers,

Horacio

f456gt
I had no problem with shipping/customs when I bought a used Linn Sondek from a London audio retailer. Ditto for a pair of Quad 57's from another eBay seller in England. Bad luck in your case where you attracted the interest of Customs?
Post removed 
Use DHL. But I think it has more to do with the shipper, and what they declare when filling things out on their end. I have never had any problem in something like a dozen international shipments. Only time I ever paid anything to customs was $30k of bitcoin miners, and even then it was delivered without any delay.