Do you care about car audio?

I like nice cars and I appreciate the fact that I've been fortunate enough to lease and drive some very nice ones.  I would never drive a luxury car out of warranty, but that's not my point.  My point is, as much as I love audio, I never really had any urge to upgrade my car audio system.  Whatever came with the car was totally satisfactory to me.  Right now, my car came with a somewhat upgraded Meridian stereo, but it is not the full-blown surround/subwoofer deal.  It sounds fine and I've never wanted more than a standard decent car radio had to offer.  
Do you people have any enthusiasm for upgraded car audio as opposed to stock?  Then again, truth be told, I've never listened to the fancy car setups and I might be tempted if I thought it was that much more enjoyable.  Who knows. 
chayro
Acura's had the Elliot Scheiner (collaborated) Panasonic 5.1 DVD-Audio player with surround sound (5.1) capability. I bought my car in 2009 and DVD-Audio's soon after became obsolete. They weren't around for a long time, but I managed to get most of the popular (rock) out-of-print titles through Ebay and other similar venues. The DVD player also played DTS 5.1 format. To this day, the DVD-Audio of Hotel California and Rumors (96 khz/24 bit) in my car sounds better than my two channel analog system - it's that good (the enclosed space in the car obviously helps, but nonetheless the sound is magnificent). 
Though my BMWs had pretty good audio, I've never owned genuinely first rate car audio gear. I also have to say that if I ever heard truly first rate audio in somebody's car/SUV etc., I can't remember it.  Usually, when somebody, like a car salesman or my hippie era VW Van driving buds, wanted to impress me with the audio they'd just crank the volume to Earsplitting Plus.  I also have to say that I like hearing traffic noise when I drive.  It keeps me more plugged in to what's happening on the road.
My infiniti came with a bose system that was horrific.  I can drive 25k a year and appreciate good sound.  A friend who is an expert delved into it with me.  $60k car but not a single tweeter in the whole system.  We then pulled the amp, which must have amounted to 20 watts.  Bose is really a joke using 2 ohm speaker to boost output.
The short of it:  90k miles later and I've been very happy.  We did massive surgery removing all 4 "twiddlers" and installed high end Seas tweeters.  Rewired the whole system (would you believe the entire back end of the car was wired mono?), installed 9 channels of Alpine amplification and a Rockford processor.  It sounds great now.  It will never be able to get a penny out of this if I sell the car.  So I guess I'll drive it into the ground.
I will never buy a car with Bose again.  What's that saying...BOSE BLOWS.
When I had my VW GTI’s in the late 80’s and early 90’s I changed stereos and speakers quite often. With those cars it was actually quite easy to do. My current car is just too complicated and difficult to do myself anymore. I have an infinity system in my car and it is far less than special. Would love to upgrade it but ohlala hit the nail on the head for me.