This forum is antiquated.

I'm a member of several forums. This site is ancient in it's ability to respond to member's posts, and is also extremely cumbersome to reply to specific member's posts, quotes, etc. What am I missing? For some posts that are so technologically subjective....the objective merits of this website and forums are so 1990s. Ancient technology. 

Thoughts? Discuss.
edgewound
I agree with OP. It's pretty much impossible to have (or follow) a decent discussion; since there's no visual connection between responses. 

What I also miss is a -like- function. Some responses are pure shite, other responses are useful, beautiful, well written thoughts. I like these good ones to bubble to the top, so I can safely ignore the dregs way down below.

This thread is exactly what I’d have expected after seeing the subject in my email box.

Nobody thinks the forum software is trash because they can’t handle change and it was SOTA in the 90’s, just like everyone’s gear here.

The rest of the HiFi hobbyist world are spending time mastering new concepts like digital domain room correction and directivity and AG is stuck on cable lifters, fancy cat-5 cables and whatever those stickers are that MillerCarbon collects.
Post removed