alternative to maggies?

help - i have & love my maggie 3 series speakers - but i have a cat problem & have read & tried to resolve it various ways. if i must search for an alternative speaker to satisfy me like my maggies & you also love the maggies what speakers costing no more should i try to listen to to satisfy the beauty of something that otherwise don't need fixing? i listen mainly to rock & jazz. i don't just want speakers which sound really good but that sound really good = lively airy spacious etc compared in the same room as maggie 3.5, 3.6 or 3.7's.
kingmacaw
The Gallo Reference series are very good speakers and throw up a very lifelike soundstage. Additionally, unlike the Maggies, their dispersion is much greater resulting in a much wider sweet-spot. Read the reviews, these are world-class speakers...

-RW-
There might be more ways to skin a cat, than alternatives to Maggies. :-) I don't know if these will help your problem, but perhaps Eminent Technology LFT's or Museatex Audio Systems MEL's?
I would try Rich's suggestion first, and if that doesn't work you could replace the socks with Pet Screen (no kidding!). It's easy to work with, looks almost like Apogee grill cloth, and the stuff is nearly acoustically transparent, but most of all, itÂ’s just about indestructible and is undesirable to cats. Best of luck!