Dedicated AC line - Contractor wants to use BX instead of romex

I’m having a dedicated in wall AC cable run, about 40-50 ft. I was planning on using VH audio cryo’d 10-2 Romex but the contractor wants to use BX since it’s an urban area and more impervious to mice, etc.

Any thoughts on this?

Also I was planning on wiring the end of the run with an 20 Amp IEC connector so I could plug it directly into my Niagara 7000. I don’t know if they will wire it this way but I thought I could always do that myself later.
emailists
I'm not certain, but some codes need bx cable ran for the circuits. I know we used romex everywhere unless we had to use bx and even mc cable. We wouldn't have if we weren't forced to by code. Maybe that is what your electrician is talking about.
+1@ cissado.

Licensed electricians are bound to the local codes. As far as cutting corners, the code takes care of that too. So that is just plainly wrong. I was in the business for 40+ yrs so I KNOW what I speak of.
Contractor said that mice or rats can eat through romex, which didn't concern me.    I'll have to find out what local NYC code is.