Wilson Audio Specialties Chronosonic XVX loudspeaker!! only $300,000.oo

What a bargain, still bet they sound great with the right amp up them, looking at that impedance/phase angle graph.
https://www.stereophile.com/images/421WXVXfig1.jpg

XVX is a very demanding load, with EPDR less than 1.1 ohms between 52Hz and 66Hz and between 197Hz and 287Hz, with minimum values of 0.91 ohms at 450Hz and 0.94 ohms at 3250Hz. The Chronosonic XVX should be used with amplifiers that don't have problems driving loads of 2 ohms and lower.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/wilson-audio-specialties-chronosonic-xvx-loudspeaker

Cheers George

128x128georgehifi
With the exception of the symphony, which I hold season tickets, in general, I don’t like live music (ok, small venue acoustic jazz is good). I don’t like the horrible amplification systems, sound engineers that think louder is better, the crowds, the noice. I have been to many, liked it when I was a teen and in my twenties and it has been less and less interest. I love listening to music. Allowing it to gently liberate my consciousness and relax me, allow me to get lost in it. This doesn’t happen at concerts unless large quantity of drugs are involved. Not my thing.
So the better the system the more it can do that for me. .

Judging by the performance level of the Wilson, I have to say, yes they are worth it. For someone like me who has worked 75+ hours a week under high stress for over 40 years to make a good living, my time is valuable, what I do in my free time is for me to value. I really enjoy excellence (I have 4 custom made bicycles all with over 15,000 miles on them). If I really wanted those speakers I would own a pair. It is a personal choice as to how much money you make and what use you put it to. .

If Wilson sold none, then they would probably not be worth it. They do sell them. Also, they serve to show what is possible. They do things that others cannot. Then there is trickle down to their main stream speakers, where they sell a lot.

I doubt anyone would consider them beautiful, but if you wanted beautiful speaker you would probably be looking at top of the line Sonus Faber.
The pinnacle of cost no object speakers to me is the TAD Reference One.

Visually stunning, Technically superior, built to last decades, everything made in-house. Fraction of the price.

To each their own.

+2 Prof. The ones bagging them, wouldn’t say no to them if they had a slimmest chance of owning them.
Seems just like tall poppy envy syndrome to me, they can’t afford them, but many can, so they bag them.

Cheers George