Refresh Ohm Walsh 4s or Walsh 5000 upgrade?

My Walsh 4s have been perfect for my space, with two REL T5s adding just a tad to tighten the base.  One crossover has finally gone after 30-40 years.  I am choosing between sending the crossovers and cans for a refreshing, or springing for the 4-5000 upgrade.  I read on the recent Ohm Walsh thread a few members have the 5000s.  Has anyone gone from an older Ohm Walsh 4 to the 5000, or had both?  What was the improvement or difference?

thanks 
sryeager
Post removed 
And saves everyone the hassle of shipping cabinets!  Having never done that, and having an active imagination, I was ready for a horror show.

As I was about to give my credit card #, and looking out the window,  a bald eagle glided past about 20 feet away.  They are around here, but rarely that close to a house.  I don’t think Ohm has a raptor logo, but a couple weeks ago I got a Rogue integrated amp.  Kinda close.  An omen?
That sounds like a good omen to me. Love that you kept the speakers for so long and will be upgrading them. Best of luck and let us know how they sound.

I wanted to post an update, because so often I read an older thread and never learn how it turned out.  The 4-5000 upgrade speakers arrived.  Apparently the hold up was the supply of metal they use for the cans.  It took couple hours to get the old crossovers out, new binding posts installed, and speakers on the old Ohm Walsh 4 cabinets and ready to go.  I’ve been listening and average of 3-4 hours a day for about a week.

The difference from my old 4’s is huge, and the sound is just more of everything.  Gobs of base, which is still settling in.  I turned of my subs. These speakers actually go lower than the REL T5’s.  I have a large but narrow room with the speakers at the narrow end and pretty much in the corners, and I’ve got the base set for small room.  I’ll let them continue breaking in for a while before tweaking the various adjustments or placement.

an interesting note - they sound much louder at lower dB levels on my NIOSH sound level app than the 4’s.  The music is just denser, but certainly not muddy. I’ve played every War album I have twice.  All that percussion, horns, and bass just gets the whole room rockin.  Highs are airy and clear.  The bell or whatever it is on Mars Hotel, Unbroken Chain floats around the room near the ceiling.  I hear the air on every note  sung or blown.

couldn’t be more impressed or pleased with the improved performance 

Steve