Which Analog to Digital converter

I'd like to buy an analog to digital converter for ripping old analog media I own. Recommendations? I'd like a very good one, but I don't want to spend more than 1.5k, hopefully under 1k. I've read Focusrite makes some good ones but looking at the inputs (intended for professional use) I'm not sure how to use these.
e91811
Oh, one more thing. These "pro" interfaces use combo XLR/TRS inputs. It will accept a standard XLR cable. If you use RCA cables, you can get a nice RCA-to-TRS unbalanced cable such as this:

https://www.proaudiola.com/product-p/1-m2549-rca-ts-1.htm

All these pro interfaces accept either balanced or unbalanced cables without any problem.
The best PCM is the Puffin <$600. LPs rarely have any detectable content above 24-96.

fuzztone
1,975 posts
04-20-2021 9:40am
The best PCM is the Puffin <$600. LPs rarely have any detectable content above 24-96.

Are you mistakenly comparing sample rates to frequency range? 

Vinyl records have been proven to have information well above 20khz unlike CD's 
I was going to jump in.  The Muffin is really just a phono preamp that does click-reduction using DSP (which means it converts analog to digital to do the click-removal and then converts back to analog).  You can get a Muffin with S/PDIF output, but then you still need a digital audio interface that accepts an S/PDIF input for recording (and these S/PDIF interfaces are not all made equally).
e91811
I'd like to buy an analog to digital converter for ripping old analog media I own. Recommendations?
It would be helpful to know what kind of "analog media" you want to convert. LP? R-to-R? Cassette? And what kind of equipment are you using now?