Russian Tube Preamp, No Return, Here I go again

I decided to risk it, Russian, no return. (he accepted my $400. offer, so $500. delivered).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174498093168

Gives me tubes in my office system.

I just read something:

People don’t want advice, just confirmation

I’m not looking for either (this time), just thought some of you would find it funny and wish me luck.

I’m 72, it may arrive before my 75th birthday
elliottbnewcombjr
jond

I just wrote to the seller, he gets what I get, simply 'in transit' since march 1st.

He mentioned Boxberry, anyone know anything about them?

"For my part, I try to constantly send requests to the Russian Post. They answer - "the package is being delivered, please wait."

Just this week, another inexpensive way to send parcels to the United States appeared - the Boxberry company. Unfortunately, a couple of months ago, this company did not send parcels abroad yet."

There is nothing about delivery to USA with Boxberry on their site. They do not ship to USA.

The best way to ship from Russia to USA is Russian Post (EMS Express).

However, if you’re not a sender you can’t make any claim. You can only wait. If it was shipped on March 1st then you will get it soon.

Don’t waste your time sending requests to Russian Post, it’s worthless. Even if your seller (as a shipper) will proceed with claim it will take over 90 days to investigate the case. EMS do not provide an insurance anyway. If your parcel is lost - it’s lost, compensation for shipping only.

Check this tracking system:

www.trackitonline.ru

chackster,

Interesting, thanks for the info, I thought you might be interested in his reply about Boxberry.

You know I am patient, I was just curious if they got any more info than 'In Transit' on their end.

Occasionally I order things direct from China, thru eBay, Wish ... stuff comes rather quickly, very little money, sometimes free shipping built into an already low price.

I am hoping an inexpensive shipping method from Russia re-surfaces so I can buy the Russian tube the preamp uses rather than substitute. Now they tell me the minimum price for a small parcel is $40. USD.
There is only one regular flight to USA from Russia and it’s Moscow - New York.
Do you know that all boarders with EU closed for Russians? The US is open, but how many flight do you expect in this situation? 90% of the flight to any destination are canceled long time ago.  

It’s true than EMS is not cheap, but it’s Express, it was 5 days estimate before covid, now there is NO estimate delivery time to USA, but, in my own experience, anything from 7 days to 30 days is normal, anything from 30 to 60 days is also OK (just bad luck). If it’s more than 60 days then you can only open paypal claim, your seller will never get refund from the shipping company (insurance for full value is impossible), except for shipping cost, but paypal will refund you withing 2 weeks 100%.

Why do you think shipping from Russia to USA must be cheap, do you know USPS international shipping rates?

For example: to ship one LP from USA to Russia cost $25 minimum and it’s not even Express mail (not even priority).

When you pay $40 or even $100 for an amp shipped from Russia to USA with EMS Express it’s fair price! Try to calculate same weight on usps.com for shipping to Russia.

Russia is not China, so your analogy with shipping from China is irrelevant.

chackster

keyword of my hope is: "re-surfaces".

Perhaps, it seems like you are saying: there never was a low priced method from Russia; never close to as low as China was and still is able to accomplish. Past: better time, not better price.

"russian 6N23P-EV in the second cascade"

Knowing this, the preamp maker should have offered spare(s) at a low cost prior to shipping the unit.

If China had 6N23P-EV’s in stock, how much do you guess they would charge to ship a pair?

I shake my head at the low shipping charges they offer.