Processor question

Hello all,
    I am considering either a McIntosh MX 123 or an Audio Control Maestro X9. Has anyone heard these processors? Also, do you have a preference of one or the other in a system used for both music and movies?
     Thanks,
           Steven
moag
dbphd.....Thanks for the suggestion. If I am unhappy with the musical performance of the processor, I will connect it through the home theater bypass of my Wavelet preamplifier to see if there is improvement.
    I appreciate the response.
         Steven
Here is what I am looking for.....a good sounding (at all audible frequencies) home theater processor
Ah, that narrows it down. I’ve heard both at different dealerships but with the same stereo and HT demo tracks and they’re both good sounding at all frequencies so you can just take your pick, and I’ll avoid over complicating it by going into sound characteristics. Hope this helps, and enjoy whichever you end up choosing.

I haven’t heard either processor, but I sympathize with the OP when the usual suspects jump in to tell him that HT systems are terrible for music, he needs a different room, speakers,etc...
  Regarding the original question, is it possible for the OP to do a demonstration with either in his own system?  I am also curious as to why he is not considering a processor by Anthem.
@mahler123

It is the jungle out there : HT Processors
McIntosh
Audio Control
Acurus
Focal Astral
Storm Audio- Bryston
Anthem
NAD
Yamaha
Marantz
Monolith
Emotiva
I have read , Classé Audio  may enter the dance in a near futur.

In a dance party , you can’t dance with all the girls.

Hello Moag. I was considering the Mx 123 as well but went with the Marantz 8805 as it reviewed very well and was half the cost. I have mc8207 amp to go with it. My speakers are focal kanta 3 towers with the kanta center and kanta 1 for surrounds. I also have 4 Rel S510 subs. Movies are fantastic! It is our music system as well and sounds very good but I’m hoping to be able to get some dedicated 2 channel equipment in the future. Separates or a good integrated with home theatre bypass. Good luck and let’s us know how it turned out.