Definitely lonely to be an audiophile

Today Ricardo Arjona is broadcasting a virtual concert, I know most of you English natives don't care, but let's imagine is someone you like from "these" times, English speaking artist.

The neighbors have a crappy TV streaming the concert, really bad quality, my wife is upstairs watching on TV, really bad as well.

I do like his songs so I'm in my living room listening to his previous Hires records, on my super system, and I can hear next door the TV broadcasting and I'm wondering what the heck, am I crazy, I rather be alone enjoying the sound from previous Hires recordings, than socially sharing that "noise", it does makes me lonely though, I like social interactions, it is who I am, but definitely being an audiophile makes you an outcast. Just another dilemma, acceptance is bliss
Good night everybody

luisma31
Read this story on WaPo and consider...
Meet the introverts who are dreading a return to normal
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/introverts-are-dreading-a-return-to-the-noise-crowds-and-small-talk-of-normal-life/2021/04/09/386006b0-987b-11eb-b28d-bfa7bb5cb2a5_story.html 
“I find it wholesome to be alone the greater part of the time. To be in company, even with the best, is soon wearisome and dissipating. I love to be alone. I never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude.”
~ Henry David Thoreau, Walden
**** It is more of a question to myself if I am ok just listening alone or instead I should "try" to be more social and forget about the obsession ****

Anyone can be both social (i.e., have many friends and pursuits apart from enjoying music playback) and a devoted audiophile/"music lover" when alone.  Just keep your non-audiophile connections going.

As many have posted, we mostly do this high end thing solo.  All is well.  Hopefully you will find a few friends that get into it.  If not, see above.
+1  nice thread here - something on topic, relevant and thought provoking...

another vote here for my valuing personal/alone time greatly, and music/hifi is a big part of that solace and respite - sometimes too engaged in other activities, i miss it...

in business and other career/philanthropic endeavors there is a certain (fairly high) level of socialization and interaction that is required... some of it is fun, much of it is just ’work’ - trying to resolve conflicts, apply pressure to get results, problem-solve, offer support/reassurance -- necessarily doing a lot of that, and the noise level rises, clarity centering and serenity are lost

nowadays, i have a much slower work pace, more time with golf (group/social/sometimes alone), cars/track driving/instruction (mostly social), socializing with friends (over meals, concerts, etc etc) -- all of this balanced by solo time (sometimes with s.o.) immersed in music and hifi matters -- not to mention minimizing watching the cable news b-s

Wow, I've been around to see 'It'.
!
A subject that hasn't broke into friction and fuss.....;)

Yep, pretty much solo but nice when one has company.  The majority around here can't be called 'audio addicted', so they merely pass through.

Most is played at desk, when the activity allows for it.  The 'main playground' can be work as well and is used for such on occasion.

*G*.....and bigger is better to some degrees.

Not retired, nor interested, really.  I'm a partner with spouse so it's really not an option.  I'm looking forward to 'backing off' on certain aspects of that...however....
....but Full Stop would make me crazy....er....*L*

There are the times I will sit still, with whatever at hand in hand.

Sit, staring at the wall, and listening to the ghosts playing in front of it... 

Not perfect, perhaps.  Your results vary, too. ;)

Cheerios, J
Audiophiles setting up their listening room so others can enjoy the music, as well.  What's that about!?!