I must be old

Listening tonight to Heavy Weather on first vinyl then CD through a Sonica DAC it occurs to me that there are no pops, the stage separation is larger, the dynamics are larger and the instruments are better defined. My record album is not brand new. It has surface noise. My CD does not. I want to love my vinyl but unless I buy perfect new LPs I cannot tolerate the surface noise or lack of frequency limitations for the sake of euphonic sound. Am I crazy?  Misinformed?  Stupid?  I have been an audiophile for 50 years. 
tgrisham
....the Art Of Noise is still better via CD or streamed.....

"I like my Noise straight, no rocks...." ;)
I think there should be a device to add clicks and pops to CDs, but that's just me. My vinyl, streaming, and CDs all sound excellent, especially the MQA stuff, and I manage to live with all of it as, hey, I can...amazingly. An interesting example of relative convenience:  I'm a jazz head ("beatnik syndrome" helped by legal pot, motorcycles, mostly retired guy free time, and money), especially piano trios, and a fave for years is Vijay Iyer. Genius. His new album was released a couple of days ago and showed up on my streamer in MQA the same day...whew...might get the vinyl version if it exists. Why? Why not...
tgrisham, I've been doing this as long as you and I agree 100%. When CD's first came out in the 80's I replaced all my LP's with them and sold the LP's along with all my TT paraphernalia. Now all my CD's have been converted to ALAC and reside on my Sony HAPZ1ES. I did recently get another TT, and I have a handful of brand new Mofi Original Master Recordings. I did it just for the nostalgia. Other than the music, they are dead quiet, but don't sound any better than the DSD processed ALAC, and are more of a pain in the keister to mess with. 
 Wolf-Garcias, Speaking of clicks and pops.  Many years ago when  Hammond switched from tone generator to solid state on the  B3's the  orginal key clicking sound was added for nostalgia purposes. An on off switch was added. Owned both models and liked eitrher one.