I must be old

Listening tonight to Heavy Weather on first vinyl then CD through a Sonica DAC it occurs to me that there are no pops, the stage separation is larger, the dynamics are larger and the instruments are better defined. My record album is not brand new. It has surface noise. My CD does not. I want to love my vinyl but unless I buy perfect new LPs I cannot tolerate the surface noise or lack of frequency limitations for the sake of euphonic sound. Am I crazy?  Misinformed?  Stupid?  I have been an audiophile for 50 years. 
tgrisham
“I want to love my vinyl”

So what will you trust-analog propagandists, or you lying ears?

The problem is your preconceptions.  It’s hard to purge these from our critical faculties.  I also fell for the critics that prefers vinyl, but after a few years I realized that in every single case, if I had recordings in both media, digital won out.  There are obviously others who violently disagree with that perception, but we are all entitled to our opinions.  What is important is that we make our own opinions and not fall into a herd belief because it may be the fashion of the moment
 Good clean vinyl is nearly silent. If you have a substantial amount of vinyl you should invest in a decent record cleaning machine.Very good chance a clean record will change your outlook
For comparison here’s my gear. MMF-7 with Goldring Eroica, Graham Slee Era Gold V vs
Oppo 103, Sonica DAC

i should have been clearer. With brand new vinyl I do love the sound of my rig, but only with perfect records. I would have to buy a much better vinyl playback system and a ton of new records to replace my old used ones that have been cleaned thoroughly but still have pops and clicks. New vinyl is expensive. CDs are cheap and are 90% as good as new vinyl. Tidal hi Rez streaming with Audirvana software is also excellent and is sometimes better than vinyl. Sweetvinyl is a good suggestion. Thanks. I guess I’m getting too frugal in my old age. There is a sweetness to vinyl that I appreciate. Thanks for all the replies. 
+1, @tomic601 

OP,  Just enjoy the music. You have the luxury to choose what sounds best to your ears. And thanks for being open minded unlike many here who are Like a fish in water :-) 
@tgrisham I don’t see a cleaning system for the vinyl. That’s necessary as is a Zerostat device for static. Vinyl is NOT convenient. But it will reward you. Fwiw, I just bought a streamer for my future days as I age and don’t feel like the ritual that vinyl demands. I have digital that rivals analog. But I have yet to hear any that is better than the vinyl. But for convenience, digital wins. But not for sound IME. It’s ok to enjoy both. I do.So do many others here.