stereo review magazine

any thoughts on the old 'stereo review' magazine!! i've read them since the early 70's to their end!!!
128x128g_nakamoto
Just like my current subscriptions to "Stereophile" and "Absolute Sound", I used to look forward to "Stereo Review" and "Audio" to arrive in my mailbox. I particularly looked forward to the Annual Equipment Directory from "Audio" that arrived every October. I still have the ones from the 80's and 90's that I use to check the true MSRP and specs of vintage products I'm considering here on Audiogon, and other websites.
HA, ha, ha.  BOSE!  What a joke that was.

Gee, I need to see more ads of tall, white guys in Buddy Holley glasses and white lab coats telling me how good bose 901's were.  They were the joke of the industry, remain so, and to this day, simply seeing the word bose makes me cringe.

A foolish company of fools whose products are the worst of the worst and always will be.

Yeah, they sued JH, but they were wrong then and are still the industry joke as far as I am concerned.

As for SR, it was fine for the times, but clearly advertiser-driven.  Reminds me of politicians, but I digress. 

SR was fine as far as it went. It was only when Stereophile and then AS came on the scene that the general public began to see the situation as it was.with ALL the popular mags back then, NOT JUST SR.  Sure, there was some attempt by the UK mags to be more discerning, but those days all these mags were basically informative about a growing post-war industry rather than a Consumer Reports-style mag.  And hey, I love CR, but don't get me started on THEIR reviews of audio gear...good grief!  They now stick to cars and appliances and consumer advocacy, which is their sweet spot.

Cheers!
A good question is: Who among us still has a system they put together from the old Stereo Review days that they still like and listen to? Joe