Low gain dac!

I am contemplating buying a new dac, the dac I have today has 4.3v output on both balanced and RCA, which makes me only use a small turn on the volume knob on my pre amp, which is a high gain design, volume starts at 6 o’clock and too loud at 8-9!
Any input is appreciated, ladde dac’s or more conventional dac’s doesn’t matter, both designs have my interest.
My system:
Primare Dac30
Supratek Cabernet pre
Belles SA 30 power amp
Graham Audio LS 5/9

Thanks!
gryphongryph
Another option would be to try a passive preamplifier because 4.3volts is more than enough gain to drive almost any amplifier into clipping and it will more than likely sound better than your current preamplifier.
speakermaster
4.3volts is more than enough

Already tried to tell him that, will all the specs posted, (can’t see the forest for the trees) "tube addiction" his poweramp amp only needs 0.7v!!!!!!!!!!! in for full output

Went on EBay and bought 1 pair of each (Harrison Labs and Rothwell) looking forward to try them out.
The amount of gain reduction you’ll need to get with these Rothewell’s, either placed between source and Supratek or between Supratek and amp, are also going to give you impedance matching problems, in the process.

Cheers George
I find it humorous that the OP specifically ask for DAC recommendations, then posted several times he is going to keep his pre regardless (I completely understand that), and the posts keep recommending he delete his pre. Maybe some can't see the question for the trees? Maybe a DAC with a variable out would be a possibility?
Try the wyred for sound 10th anniversary dac. One of the most analog sounding dacs out there according to the reviewers. Beat many more expensive dacs like the COS1 Bricasti, chord, Sim Audio that cost twice as much.
OP has made it clear he really enjoys his Supratek preamp. It’s his system and his taste. So seeking a DAC with lower output voltage is perfectly reasonable. I wouldn’t disregard his preferences by condescendingly calling it "tube addiction". The attenuators may or may not be a concern. Many folks have used them effectively and successfully. He will know soon enough if they’re a solution.
Charles