Looking for my Final Pair!!

Been through the high end maelstrom for over 30 years and although I have enjoyed the ride, I desperately want to find speakers that exude dynamics, tone and presence.  I want to be transported to the Village Vanguard where The John Coltrane Quartet are performing any night I desire.  I want to feel the timbre of his sax 🎷. When I close my eyes I want to be enveloped by the atmosphere of the space and awash with the impact and emotion being expressed by the musicians.  I don’t want to hear what the engineers hear after they mix a recording...I want to be in the studio when the tracks are being laid down!  So far, Tannoy Heritage Arden have come to my attention, Klipsch Cornwall IV’s, JBL S4700’s or perhaps Spatial Audio X3’s?  Help
128x128dave_b
Yes, I understand now...I have done that experiment with all of the speakers I’ve owned in my current home.  I have always preferred full range on mains and sub adjusted accordingly by ear 👂. With REL I have a wonderful blending which delivers deep taught bass.
.I have done that experiment with all of the speakers I’ve owned in my current home.  I have always preferred full range on mains and sub adjusted accordingly by ear 👂. With REL I have a wonderful blending which delivers deep taught bass.
@dave_b The use of a sub is good, but in order to really take advantage of that, you'd have to make sure no bass is getting into the Cornwalls. That's probably best done with an electronic crossover, which can easily muddy the sound, eliminating any perceived advantage (although there are vast differences in crossovers). So while Raul's suggestion holds water, it has that downside and it should be noted that it applies to any speaker that has bass information on the woofer cone. Its nothing that applies specifically to the Cornwall.
Dear @dave_b : This I posted in this thread 03-24. Where you can see and read about that external crossover to set up the crossover frequencies through a Xover:

""" In that thread I gave my advise to the OP gentleman as an alternative to those Wilson Alexx V:

https://www.kerracoustic.com/k300

with this Xover:

https://www.fmacoustics.com/products/electronic-crossovers/fm-330-series/

these could be the subs:

https://www.evolutionacoustics.com/loudspeakers/mini-series/minisub/?doing_wp_cron=1615566000.556648...

One way or the other almost all of you are " against " my posts about but please let me know which Cornwall IV owner has its set up using subwoofers not as bass range reinforcement but crossing at 80hz-90hz where the main speakers are handled from there and up? """

In my latest post you can read again about low/hi pass filters:

" easy to do for you because you already has subwoofers that you can use to play the frequencies from around 80hz-100hz ( depending the choosed crossover frequency in the high/low pass filters. ). "

You posted:

"" .I have done that experiment with all of the speakers I’ve owned in my current home. I have always preferred full range on mains and sub adjusted accordingly by ear. """

Please let me explain to me what I read in your post and please confirm if what I understand is correct or wrong:

so, that means that using a high-pass filter ( external or in any way. ) you made it that your main speakers ( any of the ones or all you owned. ) through its woofers have a crossover frequency at around 80hz-90hz meaning that those main speakers plays frequencies from 80hz-90hz and up and that through a low-pass filter the subs plays from 80hz-90hz all the way down to the very low bass frequency ( lower than 20hz. ).
So that the woofer of the main speakers never sees/seen/plays low bass frequencies, rigth?

and after your tests you prefer play in full range mode the main speakers using subs as bass reinforcement only, rigth?

Both solutions are different and give different quality of soun room/system reproduction.

Have I a misunderstood on your last post?

Thank’s.

R.

Dear @dave_b  : It is weird that over my posts in your thread you never mentioned that when I posted again and again about.

In your vitual systemI can't see any  external electronic Xover that normally is the best way to integrate subs to the main speakers because that Xover gaves us several advantage. One is that the low-pass filter is totally independent of the high-pass filter, each filter comes with individual  crossover grequency range and even those filters can comes with different Xover filter shapes: first order, second order, third order, etc and obviously comes with individual to each filter an attenuator/volume.

Now and due that you said you already tested what I said in those latest statements  andyou  prefer full range main speakers.

That means that the independent high-pass filter and low-pass filter comes in the S2 and it's the way you tested?

Thank's. and sorry to disturb/ask again.

R.