Looking for my Final Pair!!

Been through the high end maelstrom for over 30 years and although I have enjoyed the ride, I desperately want to find speakers that exude dynamics, tone and presence.  I want to be transported to the Village Vanguard where The John Coltrane Quartet are performing any night I desire.  I want to feel the timbre of his sax 🎷. When I close my eyes I want to be enveloped by the atmosphere of the space and awash with the impact and emotion being expressed by the musicians.  I don’t want to hear what the engineers hear after they mix a recording...I want to be in the studio when the tracks are being laid down!  So far, Tannoy Heritage Arden have come to my attention, Klipsch Cornwall IV’s, JBL S4700’s or perhaps Spatial Audio X3’s?  Help
128x128dave_b
Dear @dave_b  : What I wanted to say is that you own subwoofesr so you can test the CW with a crossover at almost the same frequency than the subs: around 80hz-100hz ( both: sub and CW ) and through this test you can now what I'm talking about. With out doubt you will be very nice surprised and with rewards over the items you are buying as amplifier or supertweeters and if you don't liked it you always can come back to the original status, you can lost nothing and can learn about.

After your test you can decide if you still need the other audio items.

R.
I honestly can’t understand you Raul...but I’m fine 🙂  Happy Listening 👂 
what did you can't understand?

What I'm posting is exactly what Vandersteen said.

The issue is to liberate/let it free the woofer of CW the frequencies in the low bass range.

That means that instead that the CW woofer plays/handled frequencies from around 35hz and up it will be free of the low bass frequencies and it will plays/handled frequencies from around 80hz-100hz and up in this way the IMD will goes lower in benefit of quality level of what you are listening today.
That's it, easy to do for you  because you already has subwoofers that you can use to  play the frequencies from around 80hz-100hz ( depending the choosed crossover frequency in the high/low pass filters. ) and below it.

If you can't understand it please let me know what you can't understand because it's not rocket science.

@rbrannen just posted  about the Legacy Focus XD, please re-read his post.

This is the Legacy:

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/legacy-focus-xd-active-4-way-speakers-review-tremendous-towers.3030...

that you can use full active with its internal amp or just active with low bass range. Please take a look the crossover frequency of the woofers and you can read that crossover frequency is 120hz ( active as a subwoofer. ).

I hope now you can understand the whole issue to improve the CW sound reproduction adding those subs in the rigth way.

R.
Yes, I understand now...I have done that experiment with all of the speakers I’ve owned in my current home.  I have always preferred full range on mains and sub adjusted accordingly by ear 👂. With REL I have a wonderful blending which delivers deep taught bass.
.I have done that experiment with all of the speakers I’ve owned in my current home.  I have always preferred full range on mains and sub adjusted accordingly by ear 👂. With REL I have a wonderful blending which delivers deep taught bass.
@dave_b The use of a sub is good, but in order to really take advantage of that, you'd have to make sure no bass is getting into the Cornwalls. That's probably best done with an electronic crossover, which can easily muddy the sound, eliminating any perceived advantage (although there are vast differences in crossovers). So while Raul's suggestion holds water, it has that downside and it should be noted that it applies to any speaker that has bass information on the woofer cone. Its nothing that applies specifically to the Cornwall.