Snake oil??

Well, on March 8th, at the age of 64, I suffered a mild stroke. I have felt that things were returning to normal for the last few weeks. Now I’m not so sure. I just reviewed an email that came to me from Agon about a mysterious substance involving something called 3-Dimensional Enhancer, the NPS 1260. It claims to cure literally all my audio problems for the low price of $599. Is this some leftover April Fools thing or am I having some sort of stroke relapse?   I’m hoping that MC has some form to sage advice for this conundrum. 
sawdustguy
mijostyn
... BS is flying again and 68pete is hallucinating ...
It’s odd that you claim to be a physician, and then so casually pronounce medical diagnoses here on this site. It seems that those with whom you disagree are targeted for those declarations: you identify hallucinations, paranoid schizophrenia, and mental retardation all without even a cursory examination or even knowing the patient’s name. For you, disagreement is always rooted in someone else’s medical malady. Obviously you’re not much of a doctor.
You do not need a contact enhancer or even a cleaner. You need new contacts. I have never had good connectors fail in any way
Faulty logic. That you have never seen a good connector fail does not mean that a good connector never fails. And without examination, you have no way of knowing whether the user has dirty contacts or not.
millercarbon ...

I recently bought a Blu Ray DVD of the original Wizard of Oz. Two days ago, prior to watching the movie for the first time, I pasted all of my connections to the video system with TC. I’m using three of those aforementioned Lowe’s power strips for the tv system. I have lots of things (unmentionables :-)) plugged into them, so it took a while to get the job done. Holy crapola, Batman! The 73" Mitsubishi rear projection TV has never looked so good. Everything from regular TV broadcasts to Technicolor movies is much improved. Too bad this product is no longer being made. Every audiophile worth his/her salt deserves this product.

Frank
"...or even knowing the patient’s name."

Why would you need someone’s name to diagnose them?

"That you have never seen a good connector fail does not mean that a good connector never fails."

If it failed, it was not good. Only bad connectors fail. Good ones are, well, good.
"The 73" Mitsubishi rear projection TV has never looked so good. Everything from regular TV broadcasts to Technicolor movies is much improved. Too bad this product is no longer being made."

These days, for the price of that product, if not less, you could have bought a brand new TV and be blown away.

Just like what Blu-Ray did for the movie...

"I recently bought a Blu Ray DVD of the original Wizard of Oz. Two days ago, prior to watching the movie for the first time,"

I recently bought a Blu Ray DVD of the original Wizard of Oz. Two days ago, prior to watching the movie for the first time, I pasted all of my connections to the video system with TC. I’m using three of those aforementioned Lowe’s power strips for the tv system. I have lots of things (unmentionables :-)) plugged into them, so it took a while to get the job done. Holy crapola, Batman! The 73" Mitsubishi rear projection TV has never looked so good. Everything from regular TV broadcasts to Technicolor movies is much improved. Too bad this product is no longer being made. Every audiophile worth his/her salt deserves this product.

Frank

What I find even more amazing, The Wizard of Oz was made back in 1939 and yet it has one of the most memorable scenes of all time, when Dorothy steps out the door from her black and white Kansas home and into the Technicolor world of Oz. The depth, saturation, and vibrancy of the colors is still to this day freaking incredible! You get used to it as the movie goes along. But that moment when she first steps into that world, wow! 

Another one that makes a nice improvement, Synergistic ECT. We watch movies off the laptop a lot and when I put just one of these on it my wife noticed immediately! Better color saturation, cleaner more natural edges, more of a 3D look overall.