Klipsch Cornwall IV

Hello all,

I'm interested in what people who have heard the speaker feel about it. I currently run spatial M3 turbos and have an all tube analog setup ( line magnetic, hagerman ) with an oppo 105 being the digital front end.

Previous speakers have been acoustic zen, reference 3A, Maggie 3.6, and triangles. I am more concerned with a huge immersive sound stage than I am with pinpoint imagery. I have a big room and have plenty of space between the back wall and my speakers if I need it.

Any thoughts?
128x128simao
imho all klipsch heritage models must be heard in person by any other audiophile/hifi lover who has not had them -- they are an acquired taste, very different than most others in what they offer and how they present the music
big immersive get an omni....ideally an MBL

or talk w Duke about building you some splash horns..

@audiokinisis

You’ll get lots of opinions in this thread from people who are familiar with the older cornwalls. Pay no attention to those. The IV is a different animal but as James points out, they are not for everyone.

FWIW, I sold a pair of Spatial Audio X3s when I bought my CW IV. The spatials are a great speaker but for me the cornwalls have a more fleshed out midrange with more tonal colors. And they involve the listener in the performance like few other speakers do.

Gone are the harsh highs, cabinet resonance and boxy sound of older cornwalls. These need not apologize when it comes to inner detail and finesse. You’ll not get a wall of sound that is only suited for loud rock n roll. It is a well balanced sound that suits all genres of music. You should at least listen to a pair.

Oz
Worse case if you don’t have a dealer Music Direct and Crutchfield both sell them and have 60 day return policies.
They are pretty different so you will know pretty quick if they are for you or not.