Peter Lederman in Second Bout With COVID-19

I saw on Facebook late last night that Mike Fremer told one of his Audio Friends that he heard from Peter Lederman of Soundsmith that he is suffering his second round with COVID.  Peter said he has blood clots on his lungs. That is all the post said.  Here is hoping that Peter pulls through with a full recovery. 
128x128stereo5
I met Peter on one occasion to discuss a rebuild of an amp.  He was very busy as well as very polite.

There is one male person I know that suffered through two bouts of Covid and his blood type is AB.  There have been some reports that blood type
is a marker as to the severity of the infection and the ease of becoming infected. https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20210303/why-blood-type-may-matter-for-covid-infection

Peter is only the second person in my small circle that "caught" it twice.

Get well Peter we are all pulling for you.

Regards,
barts  

The pulmonary "emboli" of COVID are not really embolic in the true sense of the word; they are small clots that form in situ in the small vessels and capillaries of the lung, because the endothelial cells of those vessels bear ACE2 receptors that permit virus to directly infect them. This releases local clotting factors that promote the formation of the small clots or microthrombi in the tiny vessels that serve the alveoli or air sacs. Thus those air sacs may be functionally OK but they get no blood supply to pick up oxygen. These clots are very slow to resolve during recovery, which takes months, if indeed they ever go away completely.  I gather Peter is not in hospital (because he was able to respond to someone here) and is not requiring supplemental oxygen (because if he were, he would be in hospital), both of which are good things in his favor. However, if he knows he has clots in his lungs, he may well have a slightly reduced arterial oxygen or at least the characteristic confirmatory chest x-ray findings, which is best if it does not get worse.
I still wonder why he was not vaccinated at least a month or more ago. Maybe because with a prior history of COVID, he felt he did not need vaccination.  Actually, immunity due to vaccination with either of the RNA vaccines is probably superior to natural infection in providing protection against clinical illness.
Leronlimab, the monoclonal antibody recommended above, is probably worthless for COVID, certainly worthless for a person who already has significant pulmonary involvement. It was developed for HIV, which uses the CCR5 receptor.

Being an elderly male with Type A blood constitutes a risk group for severe disease per se.  Don't know about Type AB.