Ls50 wireless II vs separates with passive speakers

So I’m trying to figure out a good audio setup for my kitchen and I’m looking for a good all digital streaming setup. Right now the LS50 wireless II seems to be tops on many peoples lists for this type of setup. I generally prefer passive speakers so I can upgrade them without upgrading the amp, streamer, etc but I’m not fully opposed to smart active speakers. 

Are there any good amp, streamer, speaker pairings that can compete with the LS50 wireless for roughly the same price? Preferably a super integrated amp so I can keep counter space to a minimum 
varchard
Speakers for your kitchen?

Most people I know have the Bose Soundlink II bluetooth speakers in their kitchens. Denon - a well-respected Japanese brand also has some great units.

If in doubt, Sonos is a topper.
If you’re looking at powered speakers I’d give Xeo 20 from Dynaudio a try other than LS 50 W2.  In my totally subjective impressions the Xeos don’t get as much marketing jazz as KEF has managed, but are the better speakers in that range. 
I have a pair of LS50w for “around the house” listening when not listening to the big rig. They absolutely rock and blow the doors off the passive versions. Not sure there’s anything out there that could beat them for their price/performance/ease of use. Plus if needed you can now add their matching sub. Two thumbs up. 
@mcslipp that’s the big selling point to me, there ease of use and bang fir the buck. I plan on mounting them high. You can fully control them with an app right?