Technics moving all turntable production to Malaysia

I haven’t seen this reported anywhere. Heard it first from a dealer and now have confirmed it with Technics directly:

All turntables, even the SL-1000R, are leaving Japan and moving to a new facility in Malaysia. Everything’s going under one roof. Technics is halted now and they’ll start up the new production line in Malaysia on April 1. 

If the product is the same then that’s what matters most, but this definitely marks the end of an era and I’m sure the reaction will be mixed.
notman
I’m not sharing screenshots because I would rather you be skeptical or even call me a liar than create any risk of getting people in trouble at their jobs. “Identify who you are that ‘senior sales staff’ told you this.” Again, I’m nobody. Not an industry guy. Just someone who was navigating purchasing a 1200GR exactly when this news arrived to the dealer. They were forthright and relayed that information to me. I was surprised and asked follow up questions to them and to a Technics country office and the information I received was crystal clear. I don’t reward that by naming the dealer or staff or providing screenshots. It’s just not worth it to me to put them in that position. I’m confident in my sources and believe if you speak to a knowledgeable dealer or Technics you will find out I’m not just making this up. For lord’s sake, why would I?
csgreene,
- do you have any evidence that Technics won't move production?
- why you are so aware about that?
@csgreene Hi, old chap. By now you’ve seen posters on the Hoffman forums corraborating my information from multiple dealers over the course of April and May.

I’ll take an apology any time. You can do it now, or you can wait, but it’s the only classy thing to do once you admit to yourself I’m not some clueless idiot and that you’re in fact the one who jumped to conclusions.