Snake oil??

Well, on March 8th, at the age of 64, I suffered a mild stroke. I have felt that things were returning to normal for the last few weeks. Now I’m not so sure. I just reviewed an email that came to me from Agon about a mysterious substance involving something called 3-Dimensional Enhancer, the NPS 1260. It claims to cure literally all my audio problems for the low price of $599. Is this some leftover April Fools thing or am I having some sort of stroke relapse?   I’m hoping that MC has some form to sage advice for this conundrum. 
sawdustguy
Wow over 100 posts in 10 days newbie, welcome, I think we already know where you stand. Have you tried it yet? Or do you already know it won't work.
Tim Mrock developed an amazing product called Total Contact. TC as we call it was one of the greatest most high value audiophile products of all time. To call it a contact enhancer, technically okay yes it is. But TC is so much more. Can't hardly even begin to explain.

I have tried a lot of contact enhancers. Avoided trying TC mostly due to what I now know to be the BS of the snake oil crowd. There's a definite group of wanna-bee audiophiles who cannot hear, won't try things, and would rather pick apart everything they don't understand if that means trying to fire up one of the few neurons floating around somewhere in their cavernous cranium. People who actually bother to try stuff wind up like me with vastly better sounding systems for their effort. So it all evens out in the end.  

Anyway, I got some TC and tried it and as always I try something very small at first. So I took one microscopic little dab, spread it micro-thin on the spade lugs of my speaker cables, and that was it. This was a long time ago, might have done an AC plug or two as well. Whatever. Point is, not the whole system. Not even close. Just a teeny tiny dab spread super thin on a few connections.  

This tiny little dab produced an improvement in natural ease, image focus and inner detail like I never heard before. Not because it was so huge. I only did a little bit. But because of the type or character of the change. It was as if now the performer was just a little bit more a real live flesh and blood presence in the room. Yeah.

Well if that's all it did then the 1.5 ml tube is more than enough to do a huge system, any huge system, several times over. So after doing all my connections I went looking for more. One tube, if you are careful and spread it uniformly thin, will easily do an entire circuit breaker panel.

There's the problem- if you are careful! TC is highly conductive. Audiophiles it turns out are barely more careful than your average bus rider. They slather the stuff around, short things out, and of course when this happens they blame the manufacturer not their dim-witted use of the product.  

In short TC is an audiophile miracle, that many audiophiles love to hate simply because it works, and that is a PITA to sell because of all the audiophiles who can't operate anything more complicated than a remote. So if you get some, be careful with it!

I'm talking about TC because I know TC and this stuff looks like a total ripoff of TC. Only who knows maybe about twice as expensive. TC was $300 for 1.5ml. If this is $600 and it is as good as TC then it better be 3ml at least, and if so then you can do an awful lot with it.

That however is a lot of "if's".

From what I have seen, which at the risk of triggering the hyperbole police is WAAAYYYYYY more than I can divulge here, nobody nowhere no how copied or came up with anything as good as TC.

If they did though then yes, helluva deal. That however is one mighty big "IF".
I have used the product NPS 1260 and it is great. It does not take much on a power cord, speaker cable or interconnect. Well worth the money.
Hey Pete did you ever try the product Mill mentions above? If so, how do they compare? 

All the best