Is this an right time to buy hifi?

Hi!
it seems that all audio manufacturers have supply issues and delivery dates take up to 6 months ( Decware- Salk, etc). I wonder if they are forced  to cut corners and compromise the quality of components and performance. 
Dan
davidantonio
The stuff I bought (9 or 10 items) in the last 12 months has had some delays due to COVID supply issues but I have had no issue with any of them except 1 preamp where they used a wrong board from their other preamp. This happened in May 2020 timeframe when this company was setting up remote work for their team.

They gave me a demo unit while they fixed my preamp under warranty.

I thought the past 12 months were a good time to buy since there some unexpected discounts. It was also since to help out businesses.
Nobody gets it. Look. The world is approaching the end of a giant fiat money Ponzi scheme. Every nation on Earth, every central bank, pretty much every single individual, is up to their eyeballs in debt. So much debt that even with interest rates historically deemed impossibly low (negative!) there still is so much debt the interest payments are eating up pretty much all our productivity. But with trillions being printed and dropped from helicopters (figuratively- but did you not get your stimmie check? So WTF do you call that?) everyone even though up to their eyeballs in debt nevertheless has money to burn. 

Increasingly worthless money. Therein lies the problem. Yes of course this is a great time to buy audio gear. Why? Because this is a great time to buy anything tangible and of tangible value. Because soon- no not like later on today soon, or even later on this year, but soon nevertheless- soon that money won't buy you squat. At least you will have the amp. Just while you are at it please be smart and buy some gold, and silver, bitcoin, and food while you are at it.
Get a down payment on a shiny new Sanders Magtech stereo amp as well.  
     30 day in home trial to seal the deal. 
    Salk would not cut as @verdantaudio says. They are a very good company.   

The major brand names ou would probably have issues with warranty service.   Heck, even before this political fearstorm, one would Jump through hoops of fire from any major brand through box stores. 

The good brands will continuously offer good products & service. 
I'd say if your buying new go for it, if used wait. Covid has driven the used market prices through the roof. Vintage has gone even further up the silly price range, lots of people are over spending on old equipment that's not worth it.  $5k+ for a 70's receiver give me a break.