Looking for my "last" CD transport

Hello everyone,

as I am unhappy with my CD transport which is connected to my Linnenberg Satie DAC, I am looking for my "final" CD transport to replace it.

There is a limited market for new ones but I am also interested to get a vintage one if it makes sense.

Any ideas, suggestions?
Thanks for your help,
BR
Peter
nepfotos
I have used a Theta Compli DVD/CD transport for years. I bought it used for about $800. Think it originally sold for $5K. I would say it is comparable to a $20K one today. It does only play Redbook and no SACD.
nepfotos OP
I am unhappy with my CD transport which is connected to my Linnenberg Satie DAC

Peter, it’s more likely the dac that not doing your Redbook pcm CD conversion in the best way.

To play CD’s (which are pcm redbook) the dac needs to do it "bit perfect" that can’t happen with a Delta Sigma ESS dac, it can only give a facsimile of PCM

Beg, demo, borrow, or steal a good R2R Ladder dac and see for your self.

Cheers George
I really like the audiolab 6000cdt. Not harsh at all. Don't believe that bit is bit. Quality transports do sound better and the improvements/differences is not subtle. 
" Just buy a new cheap DVD player and use its digital output jack into your DAC. Bits are bits - whether they come from a $100 DVD player or a $5000 boutique transport. I guarantee you will hear no difference!"

An annual ear wax removal procedure is recommended so that going forward you can
I can’t guarantee what you’ll hear from any transport but sadly, I’ve found that there are sonic differences when I listen to those in my home connected to the same DAC. My favorite is an older PS Audio PWT, which I don’t think they sell anymore but are available used and PS Audio told me they’d look at mine recently when I thought I had a problem (turns out to be something I could do myself). I have a TASCAM CD player as a back up which feels solid and sounds good too, just not as good as the PWT when used as a transport, ditto an ancient Rotel that refuses to die as a player. As always, YMMV but I don’t buy the "all transports do is deliver the same bits" argument anymore. Wish it was not so.