Volti Razz Loudspeakers

Volti Audio recently introduced a new model horn speaker called the Razz. I purchased a pair from Greg Roberts, the owner of Volti Audio to replace a pair of Klipsch Heresy IIIs. Let me just say, these speakers are spectacular. Not only do they blow away the Heresy's, I also believe they would be a better choice than the new Klipsch Cornwall IV at around the same price. No disrespect to the Klipsch models, the Volti speakers are beautifully hand made and are built by a true craftsman. Check them out if you're in the market for a pair of Klipsch speakers or any other horn speaker. I am not in any way affiliated with Volti Audio, just a satisfied customer.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xhdbc3036
If you check Youtube you will find a number of simple, inexpensive upgrades for the CWIV's that enhance the sound.
well drivers used by Greg are much better quality if you compare to klipsch drivers,
cast aluminium baskets as oppose to stamped baskets, on the top of it cabinets and crossover components are also better quality I own Razz and Cornwalls are really nice speakers no question about it but if I have to choose again I would go with Razz
@fsonicsmith --

...  I would like to know fwiw where Greg sources the drivers. There is a reference both on Greg's site and repeated again in the review that these are "one hundred year speakers". Is that referencing the cabinet or the drivers?

Greg's main midrange compression driver supplier for a while now has been BMS (the 4592ND, to be specific), but I don't know whether he's made any brand changes here. I doubt it. The BMS is a great driver for sure, and its polyester ring radiator diaphragm should last decades, I suppose, while being an SPL rocket. The remaining units, woofers and tweeter compression drivers, to my knowledge are still from Faital - decent quality pro drivers. Being pro drivers alone is a big win with regard to durability and overall longevity, and I could see them lasting decades as well. 

As to Greg's claim of "one hundred year speakers," I don't know. Seems a bit on the puffed-up side of the fence, if you ask me. He's a fine woodworker, from what I can assess, but heirloom quality? Who knows. 
Nothing I have seen so far indicates advanced woodworking skills. It is not like he is building a Philadelphia high boy. There are no exposed hand done dovetails or any other difficult joinery or inlay work. Vacuum veneering is a simple process. If there is any art it is in matching the veneers which he seems to do skillfully. I understand his approach to finishing and in many instances it is warranted however there are instances and woods where a gloss finish is indicated. A perfect gloss finish requires twice the work of a satin finish thus is more expensive.  Not having heard the speakers.  I can not comment on the sound. I like horns in general more so than regular dynamic drivers. There are many positive comments. I wish him continued prosperity. 

I owned the Razz, just not a fan.  My experience was 30 year old Infinity and 5 year old Polk, each costing a fraction, sounded better.  My Razz experience has soured me to horns.  Perhaps some folks like the sound, but in AB comparisons in my mind, no contest.  The speakers are well made though.