Looking for a DAC under 2k

I'm using a Small Green Computer Optical Rendu to bring usb to a DAC.
Looking for a new DAC around 2k new or used.

Recently, I had a Border Patrol Se-i which sounded beautiful with a great soundstage and a relaxed sound. Unfortunately, dynamics and bass definition were weak.

Next up, I tried the ifi Pro iDSD. Detailed and clean, but lots and lots of settings to play with. Became noisy after a couple hours and eventually stopped putting out sound and went silent. Can't deal with that kind of poor quality, but really would have prefer a little warmer sound.

I borrowed my Chord Qutest from my headphone system. Very good with my tube headphone system, and not bad on the speaker system, but would like something a bit more analog sounding, like a Border Patrol with dynamic punch and clearly defined, not muddy bass.

TIA, for suggestions.

traudio
The Ayre Codex is a worthy option. A Colorado based company that offers excellent support and service if needed. For under $2K it's a great DAC.

https://www.ayre.com/products/digital/codex/
Here is a very interesting review of Pegasus DAC with comparison to other DACs including Chord Qutest:
https://headfonics.com/musician-audio-pegasus-r2r-dac-review/2/#:~:text=The%20R2R%20of%20the%20Pegas....
I think the other system components are very important for choosing DAC.
The quality of transport or music server is very important.
I use a tube SET 300B amplifier. So in my system Qutest newer sounds bright or "digital".
RME ADI-2. Great sound, great display and very flexible. 
Someone mentioned the Jolida tube Dac. Very musical. That’s a really good one as well. Well under a thousand. 
The reviewer doing this review is one of my go to guys.
The One to Beat: Gustard X26 PRO DAC Review (soundnews.net)

I ended up getting this one yesterday ($1500) from SHENZENAUDIO. Got 30 days to return it or get rid of an existing DAC and keep the Gustard.
I'd say go with Pontus II, Matrix X-Sabre Pro MQA or the new Gustard X26 Pro 2.....I have the first two now and wow they are both damn good and close to my 5k Terminator II dac. Let me know if you're interested and I can give you more details about either one.