Any good experience in discovering new music via TV or movie recently ?

My favorites are Micatone at Imposters’, Willie Dixon at Ginger Ale Afternoon, Meiko Kaji at Kill Bill, The Lively Ones at Pulp Fiction.....
surfmuz
well, it was a while back but jewel live at the rialto square theater on PBS I think. recorded it on dish but it eventually erased. tried ordering the only cd of it I could find. sounded horrible!!! would still love to find a quality version. really great.!
TV? What the heck is that? Haven't watched TV in ages, and for good reason....it sucks.
Matter of taste... some likes porky ribs, some likes watermelon and others could enjoy both.. poor people who goes narrow tunnels. 
Oh, nice jazz themes from House of Cards.. got it on Tidal today.. sounds pretty good too. 
David Byrns' "American Utopia" gets my vote....and fun stagecraft to go with a fun listen. *S*

For a good 'weird-out', "Colors From Space" is a slow starter that will make you feel icky about water supplies at the end....;)  Been enjoying 'Debris' on the panel.  Mulder and Scully updated and confronted with the 'wha....' *L*