2. If wireless router is needed, separate router for wifi
3. only streamer, NOTHING ELSE connected 
4. use LPS to feed router
5. use shortest possible quality cable to streamer
6. use Acoustic Revive RLT-1 filter on spare router or streamer port
7. wrap router and LPS in EMI/RFI shielding material
8. use EMO EN70-HD filter near streamer for ethernet connection
9. use quality shielded cable between router and internet access point

All of these will individually improve your streaming SQ, in aggregate the effect is significant
Enjoy the music
antigrunge2
gkr7007
I went with an opticalRendu for the last three meters to clear whatever grunge was in the LAN. Once the signal hits the fiber the noise can't travel any further.
How can this be? Do you mean that the fiber isn't transmitting all of the signal that is at its input? That seems to be what you're suggesting, yet the fiber connection can't distinguish between signal and noise, can it?
The principal benefit of fibre is its immunity to EMI/RFI and ground level distortion as well as clock deviations for the length of the cable. That however doesn‘t mean that distortions in the conversion from optical to electrical as well as back to electrical into the streamer are prevented. So whether fibre really brings an advantage over ethernet is highly situation specific. As a rule of thumb lenghts over more than 10m/30ft tend to favor fibre.
About a month and a half ago AT&T dropped DSL and mandated that I switch to their fiber. I had been putting it off for over a year. Then they said, "no more." Fiber, or nothing. Well.. I decided to go with it. But had not been keen on the idea because my past experiences with optical in the past with my DAC’s.

I am glad they made me do it. All that leads to my room from the outside is high quality AT&T fiber. And, fiber from the wall to the modem. Thin looking stuff. The modem/router they provided is a new model from South Korea. Its a" BGW320."    Its this: https://www.att.com/support/article/u-verse-high-speed-internet/KM1395833/
I chose to run from the modem to my PC an audiophile high quality Pangea, ethernet cable.

It took a while to adjust and burn in. I have all wi-fi is disabled. The link can show you the various ways it can be configured.
After burn in time  I am floored on how its transformed my system’s sound. Not using wi-fi. Its strictly fiber to the modem, and ethernet cable to PC...

The fiber I figure cuts out a ton of noise normally picked up by all the copper cables that the DSL had running from outside. Whatever it is? I am quite surprised. I now find myself for the first time relaxing and enjoying, no more analyzing....
fwiw.. Gene Z.
@lalitk

Sorry, I think I got you mixed up with someone else that had both the ER and the ENO.

Yes, sort of. I run a 20' section of Cat 5e under my house from router to wall jack in my listening room. Then Supra 8+ to streamer. Also Supra 8+ from wall jack to router. My ER is in the room where the router is and so goes across the 20' of Cat 5e.

I do like the fact the ENO needs no power supply.