Anyone have the Answer?

I am trying to learn how to measure my ac lines to see if they need
conditioning or Regeneration. 

Now it seems to me a person would want to know how bad an issue
they have before tossing out $3-7k for a machine to fix it.

I have asked this question on several forums and so far no one has ventured an answer.

Or are we as consumers supposed to just accept an issue exists and buy the product?

chorus
MC is exactly correct in this description which is what Garth Powell discusses (and demonstrates) in the video link I posted. I'm not advocating for or pushing Audioquest products but as a former engineer with Furman Power he offers a lot of useful information. If you want to reduce/eliminate AC line noise, read the paper I linked to from Equi-Tech, the company that developed balanced power.
Loving both my furman pst-8 and AQ Niagara 1200. I am also fond of my AQ thunder, z3, and x3 power cords. Lastly, my 12/2 20 amp from power panel to AQ Edison receptacle dedicated circuit for my hifi. All these things have made a significant difference in both clarity and noise floor in my particular system. It was all well worth it.

You will need a pry bar to remove the plugs from the AQ Edison receptacle, incredible grip.

Unrelated, but also using a Dedicated winegard hd 6010  antenna in the attic for FM signal. The FM sounds as clear as a CD from over 30 to 50 miles away!  I believe in dedication i guess...
The only problems you can get into are not being able get enough current to a high powered amplifier and overloading a circuit by plugging too much into it. Number one you solve by running separate 20 amp lines to your amps and use low gauge power cords, 12 gauge will do. Number two is solved by running two separate circuits, 15 or 20 amp if you like to the system area and dividing the equipment between them.

Thank you scott22. You are absolutely right. It seems that people are scared of what they can't hear or see.

djones is also right. Any equipment with a decent regulated power supply will reject any noise. Don't buy equipment with bad power supplies.

Spending money on equipment on a lark just because you know you can send it back is IMHO silly. Expectation bias is going to make you think it sounds better when it does not which is why these companies bank on this sort of behavior. A company that has confidence in it's equipment will not accept a return unless it is defective. It's the old "Guaranteed or your money back" routine you see on TV all the time or there is a "sucker born every minute." If you get a power device flip to you phonograph and turn the volume all the way up. Is there any difference in noise levels? Sounding better can be an illusion. I can't tell you how many times people I know including myself initially thought something sounded better only to discover down the line that it really did not or even worse caused some kind of problem. If you think your phono stage it too noisy don't buy a power device, buy a better phono stage.

Always keep this in mind, the goal of any company is to make money any legal (sometimes not) way you can and lying about almost anything is called marketing (or politics). The audio world is loaded with scam artists.
Consumer beware.

Post removed 
Your AC line measures from the back of the device it is connected to all the way to the power station that generated it and includes any substations along the way.  All of it, the entire distance, picks up EMI and RFI.
I used Tripplite for many years in both the 4  and 6 plug models and for awhile the Isolation Transformer models.  I considered the Surge Suppression mandatory as I live in Miami and we get lots of summer thunderstorms. ..  and I actually lost two self-powered subs to surges.
I recently decided to finish off the system I have been building from time to time over the last 30 years and decided to add a high-end power conditioning system.  I had reasonable beliefs it would be helpful since I can hear a difference in background grain from summer when all AC units are running in the 167 unit building and a cool winter day when few or none are.  The power lines are also noise polluted by refrigerator compressors, computers, florescent lights and so forth specifically including lots of RFI from broadcast stations.
I purchased an Audioquest Niagara 3000 and a Monsoon power cord for it, and upgraded all the other power cords in the system to Audioquest noise drain types compatible with current requirements and the 3000. 

It absolutely has made a difference in background blackness, noise and grain in the sound and other areas but I would say this..  if the resolution of your system isn't at a level that you can hear differences in different interconnects, tubes and power cords look for improvements in other places first since you are still baking your cake and it's not time to put the icing on yet.