2. If wireless router is needed, separate router for wifi
3. only streamer, NOTHING ELSE connected 
4. use LPS to feed router
5. use shortest possible quality cable to streamer
6. use Acoustic Revive RLT-1 filter on spare router or streamer port
7. wrap router and LPS in EMI/RFI shielding material
8. use EMO EN70-HD filter near streamer for ethernet connection
9. use quality shielded cable between router and internet access point

All of these will individually improve your streaming SQ, in aggregate the effect is significant
Enjoy the music
antigrunge2
I stream wirelessly but did notice a perceived improvement in sound quality when switching out the two really cheesy DSL cables from wall to router provided by my ISP with those in the link below. 

Much more substantial in terms of both cable and connectors, and I would expect shielding as well. 

And if I'm imagining things, the cost was quite low. ;)

http://www.cablestogo.com/product/28721/7ft-rj11-high-speed-internet-modem-cable
For the more Techno challenged can you say the tweak list should be
tried even in the event you have the ISO Ether-Regen?

Thanks,

Jeff

The elimination of RFI from the Ethernet input of my Bricasti M5 streamer in my system has transformed it to the point that I’ve now sold my £4K turntable and will now press on with selling my vinyl. In my system, streaming wins hands down.

Industry disclosure: I'm a Network Acoustics designer.

@Chorus, our experience shows the ER benefits a lot from an Ethernet filter on the output.
@chorus,

The Etherregen allows you to go optical between the router and the ER and on most accounts that is preferable.
This eliminates ethernet related tweaks. Conversely the advice on cabling between the internet connection and the router, the improved power supply and shielding of the router and potentially the use of the Acoustic Revive filter at the router stay valid. Even if you decide on an optical connection, keeping distortions out of the chain from the onset has benefits. Also see above comment on the usefulness of filters between ER and streamer
Recently got roughed up by the learning curve of adding fiber.  Different SFP's and fiber sound different just like cables sound different.  Some are thin and bright, others dark and muddy.

I have 2 suggestions, first find Finisar FTLF1324P2BTL 4gb Fiber Channel SFP Transceivers on ebay, second
for fiber  https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/phoenix-contact/2989284/?qs=MfVUZiz0Pxb22RFH%252b7EEOg==&co...

However I am using one Finisar 1324 on the ER and a Finisar 1318 on a SOtM switch and prefer it to 2 1324's.  It has a slightly fuller softer sound, maybe a little less detailed.
More to discover