What Sonically is the Difference between a $1,500 CD Player and a $10K-$25K One?

I realize opinions may vary, but if I could give an example of two CD players perhaps someone can give me their thoughts on the cost benefits of either one? What would be the difference in your opinion between say a Cambridge Audio Azur 851C CD Player and the Gryphon Scorpio S CD Player? And are the difference truly audible or more technical and rather indiscernible through human hearing?

In general, what makes a CD player (other than build components) 10x more costly than a decently built one other than features?
mrc4u
Post removed 
I't's kind of like Dac's.  Our club did a shootout of Dacs from several hundreds of dollars to thousands.  If the engineering and implementation is solid, the differences may not be as significant as the dollars would indicate.  My experience is that you need to spend a whole lot more on an analog system vs. a cd player for the sound to pull away.  I have a hard time with pop's and clicks on analog.  It drives me crazy.  I have had 7 cd players over the years.  The last three were Modwright models and my current one is a Marantz based player.  Every one of those Modwright models has been a step up due to the tube power supply and output stage.  The ultra expensive units would require an audition and a used purchase.
I have never been able to find the difference between a cheap CD player and a more expensive CD player.  The most expensive CD player I have ever owned is a Pioneer CLD-97 though even that has some issues in that it doens't play blu-spec CDs very well (no older CD player does. they seem to only play well on blu-ray players).  A good CD player will have good controls, heavy, and stable.  From what several have told me, one of the best CD players ever made was Onkyo's DX-G10 CD player from 1988.  That CD player was built like a tank using a heavy reinforced graphite-steel chassis that's heavier and more stable then most $20,000 CD players.  It used reliable parts that allowed it to function well for years and played back flawlessly.  Several people have told me they never listened to a better CD player then the DX-G10 (or C-2001 in Japan).
As it happens, ....

I am revising my garage/shop 2 channel system, and will add a CD/SACD player.

So, use 'new' one upstairs, put old one downstairs IF better.

Bought used Oppo BDP-83SE (special edition ... better audio)

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/oppo-bdp-83se-special-edition-universal-blu-ray-player-the...

I started with this Big Onkyo DX-7500, dual matched burr brown ...

http://www.hifi-classic.net/review/onkyo-dx-7500-430.html

Loved it, until it's drawer got quirky, progressively worse.

Snatched a small Sony 5 disc Carousel my niece was tossing because she lost the remote. I had a Sony remote that made it do the basics,

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-DVP-NC80V-SACD-Changer-Black/dp/B00080FPSO

My deaf audiophile friends and I compared the Onkyo and Sony, surprisingly/shockingly the dinky Sony POC sounded as good. Got rid of the annoying Onkyo.

Now, system more revealing that ever, let's see if this old dog Oppo can beat the Sony POC.