To a great degree, what format sounds better will depend heavily on the recording.  Modern music recorded digitally sounds better than that same digital recording being put on vinyl...to my ears.  
Despite all of vinyl's drawbacks, I like the connection to my favorite audio period of the late 70's. I used to sell the stuff, covet the stuff, play the stuff, collect the stuff. Still do all the above, but not for my livelihood. 
Does it sound better? Well... I compare it to two cars we currently have. One has hydraulic assisted power steering, one is electric. Which one is better? I grew up with the former and am used to it. Electric assist has way more advantages, except "feel" which is subjective. My old ears have some difficulty with nuance. For tha reason, modern digital recordings via any source are more revealing to me. I still like vinyle for all of the nostalgia.

*L* I could divine from the title that this would turn into a  free-for-all....think I'll just lurk and duck the body parts and avoid slipping in the virtual blood 'n gore....pop some popcorn....

Root for the Different Team, 'cause that's where it's going imho.
Not that anyone cares about my ho....:/