i've never run into a CD with inner groove distortion/pinch effect. i never ran into a CD that had tracing distortion gouged into it by a previous CD player. i've never run into a CD that had loud clicks and pops on it. 
My dad used to love vinyl.  He had many of the classic audiophile records from the 50s-70s and would spend hours (weeks?) tuning in his analog rig within a gnats ass.  He really got into the paraphernalia of it.  He had all the brushes, cleaners, anti-static guns, etc.  He was meticulous when it came to his vinyl and much of it sounds as clean today as it did the day he bought it.  However, once he found a CD player that sounded musical (sometime in the mid 90s) his vinyl days were over.  

I love my vinyl, but I do my best not to obsess over it and consider it a means to an end, to get musical enjoyment regardless of format.  I also love CDs and I'm now doing what I did with vinyl in the 80s and 90s, buying up all the unloved and abandoned CDs I can afford before they disappear.  You know what's coming next, $35 CDs and hipster CD worship.

The hipster on the video seems to concern himself more with aspect of vinyl other than musical enjoyment.  I have some really cool old albums and the only thoughts I've had about who may have owned them previously ran along the lines of, "did they ever change their stylus?" or "did they use hydrochloric acid to clean this record?"