My 2c:
In my system, it sounds "digital" when the music was recorded in digital, and it does not matter whether it's on a CD, it's streamed or it was pressed onto a vinyl.
It sounds "analogue" when it was recorded on a tape - regardless if it's an AAD/ADD CD or is pressed on vinyl. Try out Kaveh Alexander's CDs (Water Lily acoustics), you will be pleasently surprised that your digital suddenly sound as if it was analogue... also, try early Vangelis CDs, they were AAD, and lack that squeaky clean controlled / restrained character.
Or, trying theChandos LPs recorded in digital, and I can't tell that it's not coming from the CD player....
Really, people. It's not the format you use to listen, but that you take the time and spend the money to listen. Without that, there would be no reason for musicians to do their thing.
Righto hobo 
No best or worst about it.
Although I’m pretty sure wire recorders are worse than vinyl. Early ones didn’t even have a consensus speed like early shellacs. I’ll bet that that cylinders were sucky too.

i've never run into a CD with inner groove distortion/pinch effect. i never ran into a CD that had tracing distortion gouged into it by a previous CD player. i've never run into a CD that had loud clicks and pops on it.