Thiel speaker model range

Does anybody have a list of the various speaker models?  I haven't been able to find anything.  For instance it would appear that the CS6 would be better than the CS2.7 but maybe that isn't so.  I am in the market for a Thiel set but don't know what to look for in the used market.  I heard a set of Thiels with YBA preamp and Electrocompaniet amp and they were glorious.  I don't know the Thiel model but they were large.
phillipsus
Nice updating- tomthiel and arvincastro

it appears that the OP has disappeared?
Happy Listening!

I'd hazard a guess it might be due to Asian market considerations. In Chinese the number 4 is claimed to sound like the word for death. It is thought best to be avoided. Some buildings in China skip the 4th floor, just as some western buildings skip the 13th floor.

The Thiel 3.5 was the last Thiel to use a bass boosting equalizer, but certainly not the only model. I believe all the 3 series preceding and  some of the earlier, smaller models did as well.

Sorry to resurrect an old post but I have a pair of Thiel CS1.6's which I bought knowing the bass drivers were shot and called about rebuilding the speakers which would be at a cost of about $500 for the pair.  I don't have much in the pair but was wondering if anyone had tried different bass drivers in Thiels and their results?

@kingloff - I suggest you ask this question at the Audiogon Thiel Owners’ Forum and you’ll get a thorough answer.

That is one reason I never sold my CS6 as the bottom end has a lot of punch. Not to say the rest of the frequecies dont deliver but you have to spend a conciderable amount of mony to get that. 

Same with my CS7.2 but even more on bottom end. I/ve heard speakers at 2-3 times that price point that did not have that slam in bottom end like the CS7.2

Also agree with what has been said about the CS 2.7. They have a rock solid bottom end for a speaker that size.