SoundSmith cartridges how good?

And how do they compare to others. Forget about cost just thoughts on sonics? Obviously if matched with correct tonearm.
rsf507
How good are Soundsmith cartridges? Good enough to be next in line, and end of the line, for me. When ready to replace/upgrade my Koetsu Black Goldline it will be to a SG1. Which also makes it the upgrade for the Herron.

Why? Because, if you do the research you will find what tablejockey said, SG1 is up there with all the very best and VERY costly SOTA carts, but at a fraction of the price. Considering you are getting both a surpassingly fine cart and phono stage in one, for less than the cart alone, or the phono stage alone, would cost with the others, a very small fraction indeed.

But if not a SG1 then one of his more normal MI carts. But seriously, it will be the SG1. So yeah, Soundsmith is pretty good.
I have the Carmen model I got from Amazon for $799.95. Seem to me to sound fairly neutral; similar to my Benz Micro nude linear contact cartridge. 
I have the Aida II. I would characterize it as very quiet, neutral, with great channel separation, and excellent imaging.

I also own a Kiseki Blue NS, Van Den Hul MC Two Special, Hana SL, Zu Denon DL-103, and a couple of nice MM carts, the Clearaudio Virtuoso Wood and Nagaoka MP-500 and a few others.

The Aida II is second only to the Kiseki in terms of my personal preference, however, to date I've only listened to it on my Technics SL-1200 MK2.

The Kiseki has just a bit more "color". I'm not sure how better to describe it. That might be less desirable to some.

I have a feeling the Aida would give the Kiseki a run for its money on my main table. 
I have the lowest-priced (Otello) and would buy it again.

I assume that more expensive ones would be incrementally better so, if in the market for it, I would not hesitate to pick any in my price range and, hopefully, call it  a day. I have no experience with them, though.