Should I sell my Oppo 205?

Please help me decide. Is there a logical reason for current prices on used Oppo 205? I bought mine few years ago brand new for around $1500. I've hardly used it since, maybe 2-3 Blue rays per year max. I have a pretty good collection of blue rays 4k movies. My questions:

1. Is there nothing else on the market to compete with this relatively old player?

2. What is so special about this oppo ?

3. Is it likely to become more in demand in the future?
ei001h
I have a cheaper Oppo for Blue Ray and have heard the more expensive units many times. Thought they worked fine as transports and thought that the DAC left much to be desired. Of course now I am almost 100% analog unless I need long play and background music.
If you are using Oppo for playing physical media (like BlueRay or CDs) sell it and buy a very decent BlueRay player for 20% of the money you will fetch. You will not notice the difference and pocket between 1.5-2k U$. However, if you are playing content from the hard drives, DLNA or other streaming sources there is nothing that comes close to Oppo. And I am not talking just about the quality of sound or picture, although that too.

The quality of how Oppo handles network and WiFi connectivity, shared storage, deals with congestion, error-correction and multitude of other things does not exist throughout the industry. After my friend sold his 205, he tried B-ray players from 2 prominent brands. They played blue-discs perfectly fine, with proper Atmos sound and delivered baskets full of 4k goodies. However, none provided Oppo’s quality when used as a network-attached unit. I know it first-hand as I was trying to help him getting things solved. And pretty much nothing we stepped on could be solved. Even though we’ve got long email conversations with manufacturers support. The list is surprisingly long and a subject for a separate post.

I personally own BDP-105 and would only part with it if something like Oppo shows up in the market but so far, nothing on the horizon. Its DAC section can still be considered a reference for audio and I am fine with movies in 1024p. The build quality is great and I anticipate another 5 - 8 years of seamless work.The only thing I regret is I had not catch my friend’s sale of 205 in time...

If you take into consideration quality of build, design and features they were sold for laughingly low price. Those players set up a benchmark that, I am afraid, we will never see again. They also scared the industry sharks to death and created a lot of friction not to say tension in the market. There is really nothing you can compare them to. So, there is a reason 203 and 205 boxes sell far above their shelf-price, 3 years after they were discontinued. People who pay current price do not do it because they feel sentimental. They have far more tangible reasons to do so.

Other than its performance, the primary reason for the high prices is that at the time Oppo discontinued production, the demand for this unit was just ramping up; it was nowhere near its market saturation point, and there were a lot of people who still wanted the unit. I wanted to purchase a second 205, and got put on a waiting list for a "final production run" which never materialized. Buying a second unit at $4000+ was a no-starter; ain't gonna happen. It is one of the few players (along with the 203) that offered discrete analog outputs for its channels. I run my home theater audio through a Mackey pro mixer, so the discrete analog was a must-have.
I see some posts here that suggest that many on this thread have NO IDEA how special this player is. “Not worth the $1500? Really? Why then are there USED units for as much as $3464 for sale now? Many companies are building good, inexpensive players that processes video well, but NO player under $5,000 delivers such AWESOME audio. 
Also, as for your minimal (2-3 movies a year), that’s a different matter. That’s essentially a unit that is not getting used,  so if that’s the case why not sell it in pocket $3500? But I would only say to you and everyone on this thread that for those of us streaming today, there’s absolutely no comparison in terms of audio - comparing streaming to a great Blu-ray player like this OPPO. Night and day. Streaming good, sure. Convenient for sure. But audio is a 7/10 and OPPO is 10/10. 
I’d love someone to comment on how the Oppo does audio. I own a 203 used as a bedroom player that like the OP I’ve only watched a few Dolby Vision discs on it. Now I’m curious if the unit can be used as a CD player and provide decent audio production?

Thank you!